Sunday, October 17, 2010

We're going up, up, up....

So Friday night, I'm playing soccer in the gym with a bunch of friends. At some point, this conversation occurs:

Pat: "Oh did you know I'm going skydiving tomorrow?"
Me: "Uhhh..NO?!"
Pat: "Wanna come?"
Me: "....YES!"

Another one of our friends, Ian, also went with us. And the rest is history........

Driving there...


This is the place!


Cool signs and pics....

signing our lives away...


Pat getting all ready with his Santa Claus instructor :)



Ian and I ready to go!


The group :)


This is Dave. He was awesome!


On the plane...


Getting nervous!! Some guy did a low height jump and had just literally ran out of the plane.


I was too nervous to do anything but grin widely.


Patrick did not take my route, but let his fear show all over his face hahahaha


He jumped first!

Freefalling!

The wind is so epic


And the chute is released


safely on the ground :)


MY TURN!!!!


Weeeeeeee. This was the only part that I was truly scared. Just the initial reality of freefalling toward the earth. I "screamed" (you can't actually project any sound when you're falling that fast) for about 4 seconds before I realized how effing cool it was and began to enjoy myself :D


Smiling!


I'm flying!

Thumbs up!


This is SO COOL!!!


Weeeeeeeeeee!

Weeeeee! You can't tell but he started spinning us around and around...I got pretty nauseated but it was too cool to stop hahaha


Just chilling, no big deal ;)


look at the curve of the earth.....SO AMAZING!

How many people can say they high-fived their cameraman while freefalling 120mph+?
EPIC HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!


Last few seconds of freefall...


Letting the chute go!

Bye, bye cameraman :)

Coming in to land...

We're on the ground!

Woohoo!!!!!



Video of my jump!! First 2 minute are just their stock intro so you can skip it and get to the good stuff! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, I can't believe you did it! I was feeling sick in my stomach for you when you were about to jump out. That's so cool that made the video for you. Next time when he asks for last words you need to make it clear who gets what of your scrapbooking collection! =P

    ReplyDelete