Sunday, October 23, 2011

BIG update....

Hey guys, I know I've been terrible and haven't posted since school started!! What the heck Rachel? Anyway, I have some FABULOUS news so I'm going to jump ahead in time till today...then go back and fill you in on my school year so far.


So.......we WON the Adobe Design Achievement Awards Installation Category!!!!!! Will (my classmate) is in Taipei with my professor and they accepted the award just a few hours ago. Pretty incredible!! It was a worldwide competition with over 4,600 total entries (over all categories). Anyway, we're super pumped and while there is a small prize (some much needed software and 3k to split amongst 11 of us....so $272.72 that goes straight to tuition next semester), the best reward is the recognition and the resume padding. We've all gotten probably 40-50 random friend requests from people on social media stuff from the awards so I'm sure that will only increase now that we're 11 among 33 total winners this year! Pretty awesome stuff!

Here is the link.....


Here's a picture of the award.....Yayayayy! :)

and a picture of all the winners this year (will is in the front in the brown suit)




edit: update--- We (Brian and I) just skyped with Will and he showed us the award again and also he has all of our official winner certificates so we got a teaser.....



So anyway, let's go back in time now.....

So....I went to Chicago the like second week of school for the annual Bushwalla LRC with my mraz friends :)


One night, Brian and his roommates John and Alex and Alex's girlfriend Jacyln and I all decided to play around with some glowsticks. They have nerf guns and we broke open glowsticks and dipped the bullets in it so when we shot them sprays of glowing goodness bursted out everywhere...(before you say anything...it's non-toxic and it all disappeared by the next night)

glow fingers!

carpet glow drawings

glow beard!

the shot!


I bought some rhubarb at the market and made strawberry rhubarb pie......



Brian playing around with toys at meijer.....



My loom!! I love weaving!!



Brian and I went out to lucky strike which is like a bowling alley/club/restaurant/arcade and we had dinner and played arcade games. He won me a Domo stuffed animal and we did a photobooth which I have yet to scan but have a blurry webcam picture of....


We've had a lot of presentations for our main studio class so Brian decided that one day after it we both looked cute and should take a picture :P



The only real party I've been to this school year....it was super super fun!!



Cute drawings while in class supposed to be brainstorming....


I've been going to Brian's parents almost every Sunday to do homework with Brian and have Sunday dinner with them. Often there are games played after dinner....this game of jenga was particularly stressful hahahha


so like my 5 year old niece, I'm being rapunzel for halloween!! here's my wig!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and last but not least....kelsey (my roommate) is organizing a halloween dodgeball event...she took pictures of lots of kids at school in costume with dodgeballs....here is cousin patrick's lovely portrait :D


I register for classes for my last semester of college in two weeks! That is CRAZY.

hugs and kisses

xooxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, you rock! I am so proud of your talented self! Oh, and I can't even get over you in that hair. Jesse just accomplished something big today too, but you'll have to check my blog to figure out what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so awesome that you won! You are amazing and what a great way to kickstart your career!

    Your loomwork looks really neat, and I love your Domo and pics. But your wig is way more Jersey Shorish than Rapunzel's! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole: boo! it's gonna be braided, don't hate!

    ReplyDelete