Monday, January 31, 2011

Portfolio Site, Portfolio Site!

Well, I started designing/coding my website over winter break and spent quite a few hours trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Naturally, once I was almost all set, I then chose to ask my peers about it and got lots of great feedback; however, with great feedback comes big changes. Sigh. So finally, about 4 weeks after I originally wanted it to be done, after countless hours of recoding, edits, changes and new markup (I calculate probably 18 this weekend alone), I present to you all my portfolio website:

www.ariyavatkul.com

Yay! :) There are still a few changes I want to do eventually. I spent the majority of this day/night (yes, it's 5:30AM right now) trying to work with Alex to figure out how to get a nice scrolling navigation going so that when you click the links, it scrolls smoothly and I also wanted to implement some forward/back arrows for scrolling so I don't have to have the ugly scrollbar. But alas, we spent about 4 hours and it was acting super weird and refused to work. So, I gave up for now and decided to just launch the damn thing. Changes can come later, right?! It seems to work fine in Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Opera and IE treat the DIVs funny and refuses to float them after the first one, which is annoying but not a complete bust as long as you use the sidebar navigation. There are always bugs, and I'm sure I will be fixing/updating this for the rest of my freakin life. Until then, enjoy what I managed to come up with! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet!!! =) I'll look at it more tonight but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through your whole website--you're awesome! Love all of your work. Used Opera and it looked good to me, although you don't know what you're missing until you're told. =P

    ReplyDelete